Thursday, March 19, 2015

left my heart in san francisco {cafe de la presse}

Jacket: Zara (old, similar style here); Sweater: MiH Jeans (from last year, similar style here); Jeans: Parker Smith; Sunglasses: Ray-Ban; Necklace: Alexis Bittar; Watch: Daniel Wellington; Boots: Isabel Marant

Like good members of any big metropolitan city, us San Franciscans take our coffee pretty seriously. Almost to the point where you could liken it to a West Side Story rivalry -- we literally choose sides. Friendships can be forged because of it. Relationships can be ruined because of it. And while I'll save my roundup of favorite roasts and coffee shops for a later post (coming next week), I wanted to share this gem of mine, Cafe de la Presse, a little bistro + cafe nestled in the Union Square/downtown area. 

 Granted, it can get pretty touristy in and around this area, but what I love the most about Cafe de la Presse is its ability to make you forget all about that. Their outdoor patio has the right amount of greenery and potted bushes around it to enclose the space and the ambiance inside is unbeatable. A large wrap around, alderwood bar, a magazine news stand flanking the back (loaded with lots of foreign magazine goodness), an entire staff whose accents lilt with that certain French je ne sais quoi, and loads of little dimly lit corners, perfect for tucking away and enjoying some close conversation over wine. It's a little bit of 1930s Paris, right there in Union Square. And I'm certainly going to miss it.


I'm saying goodbye to San Francisco! See part 1 HERE, part 2 HERE and part 3 HERE

16 comments:

  1. Great look Krystal! I love how you are sharing some of the best spots/places in SF! I enjoyed reading them!

    www.rdsobsessions.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great coat and boots! You look so pretty in this minimalistic outfit!

    http://lartoffashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the way you pair camel and white!
    XOX, Gap.
    www.gaptoothedgirl.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love this all white! I have the same sweater shirt that I got from www.fixateboutique.com, just a different color!

      Delete
  4. What absolutely beautiful pictures - and what a lovely outfit! I agree, this looks so much like Paris, I wouldn't have known it wasn't unless you'd said so. Hope you've had a lovely time in San Fran, it looks amazing.

    Katie xx LA-COCO-NOIRE ¦ Food, Lifestyle and Photography Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this crisp white look! Looking forward to the coffee post next week!

    -M
    www.violetroots.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this series you are doing. I definitely to remember all of the places for my next trip out to San Fran. This outfit is so cute. I love the white and camel pieces paired together.

    Alicia
    Between the Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  7. great look!!! love this total white outfit ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. White and tan, so effortlessly beautiful. Gotta try this colour combo out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These photos are so cute! Love the all white look with the tan details.

    Shae @ www.currenthabits.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This white and camel look is a great combo. Very chic dear

    Agnes x

    http://blvckbee.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cool white and beige colour combo!
    ♥♥♥
    Jeanne
    http://fashionmusingsdiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this effortlessly chic white and beige outfit, it looks very comfortable with a minimalist vibe!

    Prudence
    www.prudencepetitestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Krystal -- I love that you love Cafe de la Presse. Whenever I am in San Francisco, I go there for a latte bowl. It was one of my dad's favorite rituals, and one of my favorite memories of him. This was a lovely reminder. Congratulations on your move to NY. I will miss the West Coast outfit inspiration but I wish you all of the best!

    ReplyDelete

Real Time Web Analytics