Tuesday, July 28, 2015

and i'm feeling good...


Do I have any Nina Simone fans in the house?

(Raises hand.)

Perfect! Then perhaps you can relate to this as well -- something about this Jonanthan Simkhai number, when I shimmied into it last week, screamed Nina Simone's "Feeling Good" to me. The glove-like fit, the peplum, the cheeky netting cutouts -- I just couldn't help myself -- I had to walk around D.C. with that song blasting for a few blocks (and then some). And man, I have to say, there's nothing quite like having your own brass section kick in when you're walking (heck, can I say strutting in this instance?) down the street.

Does anyone else do this? Have mini soundtracks inspired by their day or perhaps something they're wearing in a particular moment? 

17 comments:

  1. ummmm i am so obsessed with this look. can i also get it on loan? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome!
    http://sweetmona.com/blog/lecharmedunkimono/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning top and skirt! Love this outfit:P

    Shall We Sasa

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look sexy in that outfit!

    http://imyownmuse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Classy and feminine look, suits you 100%!!! I LOVE your shoes!

    http://lartoffashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely~~

    xoxo


    new post

    www.live-style20.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm definitely guilty of creating soundtracks inspired by my day! haha! I really love the top and skirt set on you! I love the simplicity of it and the lace fabric is so pretty!

    -Helen
    Sweet Helen Grace

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have a way of looking UBER sexy, yet still so understated at the same time...such a great style! Btw, how about Nina Simone's "Sugar In My Bowl" -- now that's a great song also!

    www.annlanglois.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks lady! Your comment just made my day! I don't typically wear body hugging dresses -- they intimidate me! But perhaps I'll have to make more of a point to incorporate them! And totally going to listen to that song now -- thanks for the tip! :)

      Delete
  10. Gorgeous Krystal ;)

    http://www.wllwproject.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. hey have you watched the what happened nina simone documentary on netflix? her life was really interesting...and sad (just a heads up) but it's a solid doc that's told through her voice thanks to footage of her interviews. you should really check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so lovely! I really love the sheer details of the look. Also, great spot for photos!

    www.diarylamode.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful Look!! Lovely dress!!
    Xoxo,
    Love from www.trangscorner.com {a lifestyle, fashion, beauty, and food blog}

    ReplyDelete
  14. Killing it lately with the posts girl! Love this designer, recently purchased a cocktail dress! :)

    ReplyDelete

Real Time Web Analytics