Sunday, August 2, 2009

busted flat in baton rouge


Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Funny (and true) story: As I was camped out on the side of the road here, camera equipment sprawled out and dressed channeling my best inner hippie sun child, a VW green van drove by with a bearded bohemian behind the wheel. Initially, I was afraid to look up at him, thinking he probably assumed I was mocking his generation and exploiting it as a fashion statement. 

Which, we all can nod our heads to, because it's true to certain extent. I never experienced the Summer of Love, but I would kill for their leather fringe vests. My name isn't Wildflower, but I think I could dig it if it was.

But I digress.

So, he's driving by, I hesitate, shrug my shoulders, thinking "What the hell, maaann"? in my best Bob Dylan voice, and look up. He smiled and gave me a peace sign. Without a moment of hesitation, I gave one back. 

Because, after all, we are supposed to give peace a chance, ya know.

On a side note, the lovely and witty lady, Indiana over at Adored Austin, did a blush-worthy feature on me. You can check it out here and then definitely go check her out. You won't regret it. She's got great style, a unique writing voice and isn't afraid to make fun of herself.  A woman after my own heart! 

Shirt: Floral wrap robe, Anthropologie, via my Weardrobe gift card
Dress: Black strapless dress, H&M
Shoes: Leather woven flats, Urban Outfitters
Belt: Vintage tan belt
Sunglasses: Jackie O tortoise shell sunnies, Steve Madden

23 comments:

  1. Ah I love your outer wear. It looks ethnic. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!!! Your hair is beautiful by the way!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! And I love your share-the-love get-in-touch-with-your-inner-hippie story. I think more of us should stand by the side of the road giving peace signs to strangers. Seriously. Maybe I'll do it this afternoon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute hair. Braiding is perfect for summer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh how pretty are you in that floral robe? :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the shirt!! cool story.

    http://www.nearstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the suitcase!

    ReplyDelete
  8. no surprise there .you have incredible style. i love these picutres you look so good with a suitcase . and love the bright flowers on your cardi

    ReplyDelete
  9. awesome suitcase! i've wanted a vintage suitcase for the longest time...

    ReplyDelete
  10. The suitcase is a darling. Loving your floral wrap too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hiii Krystal :] I love how you added the top, it gives the black dress some color! Especially with the bright orange bangle!

    -xtina
    www.thisisxtina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. very beautiful <3!
    and great suitcase! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  13. love the simple black dress, combined with the flower gilet

    ReplyDelete
  14. very niiiice floral cardigan. i totally have an inner dirty hippie that i try not to let surface too much but now i am tempted to find one of these floral robes for myself, add some fringe, and dance around in a field.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very Cute! Congrats on the article on Adored Austin
    -jenloveskev.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love that floral wrap! And your hair look great done that way

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG i am officially in love with your floral wrap...super cute!!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  18. an adorable story. and i love that hard suitcase!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is such a funny story! I love how quirky you are!! It's so much fun to read about. How di dyou do your hair? I like the braid. My hair's too short for that and it won't work for a while.. boo.
    clothedmuch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. what a great blogging story - i've been doing this blogging thing for awhile and hardly stray from my backyard b/c of the strangers giving you strange look factor. your story makes me feel like there's hope!

    awesome outfit too, btw. :)
    -Megan, chicfaced.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a fantastic encounter. If something like that ever happened to me, it would make my life. Oh, and your outfit is to die for! You make the perfect hippie pixie, if there is such a thing. :D

    ReplyDelete

Real Time Web Analytics