Friday, September 18, 2009

work in progress





These bad boy jeans were courtesy of PacSun, one of our generous sponsors for the Weardrobe Conference. The jeans, the specimens for our DIY workshop full of studs and shredding galore, served as a blank canvas of sorts and after a mad dash of all 20 girls rushing toward the jean table, these white ones were left.

I shrugged my shoulders and said, "Labor Day, Schmabor Day."

I'm going to break the rule and live to tell about it.

Technically though, these jeans are a work in progress. I finished the back pockets with some studding detail and wanted to add a little somethin' somethin' to the front. I started doing this pant cuff pattern but sadly, my thumbs wore out on me.

Studding is a lot of work, ya know?

What do you guys think? More studs or should I save my thumbs?

Blazer: Navy blazer, Urban Outfitters
Shirt: Black and white striped tee, Urban Outfitters
Jeans: White Hermosa jeans, PacSun
Shoes: Black cage heels, Beacon's Closet
Jewelry: Rosary necklace, Target, Gold, multi-layered necklace, Wet Seal
Bag: Black leather purse, Old Navy
Sunglasses: Tortoise shell sunnies, Fred Flare

25 comments:

  1. I think they're pretty cool the way they are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great those studs! and amazing shoes and necklace.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the white denim! The small amount of studding is perfect....leave em the way they are!
    ox.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the blazer and how fitted it is. Looks great with the white jeans!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to be part of the minority and vote for moremoremoreeee.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Save your thumbs! They look great the way they are!

    ReplyDelete
  7. those are absolutely beautiful jeans. funny thing is, after hearing about this whole Pacsun jean re-working workshop, I thought to myself, 'Wouldn't some studs on the back pockets look amazing?'

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is just right ... you dont want to overdo the studs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Leave them as is i say! and if you're not so keen on the white you could always dye them? Just don't go leaning up against cars with those studs, Missy! Trust me, i speak from experience...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love what you've done with the jeans! And I'm LOVING those sandals!

    ReplyDelete
  11. More studs. I think they are just so perfect on jeans. And that necklace is bananas! Love the whole look!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think you should stud at least one whole back pocket a la hannelli mustaparta.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think that the jeans look great the way that they are, or you could add studs to the front pocket on the opposite side from where they are at the cuff, just a suggestion. But they look amazing.
    Belle

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like your jeans the way they are now... save the studs for something else!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful blazer! Love the color. And I think those jeans look fab the way they are right now!

    colormenana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. More studs! I'm so obsessed with studs, so the more studs-the better! :)

    -xtina
    www.thisisxtina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think enough studs. The jeans are already cool they way they are now...

    http://thenovembergirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. You look great! I love the strips and the layered chains. I'm with you on the whole "white after labor day" thing. Breaking fashion rules is much more fun than obeying them! I say maybe a few more studs on the front pocket opposite the ones on the leg. Great job reworking the jeans!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your shoes in your last post, there's none left in Aldo site! You made these jeans look so cool! Can't wait to see it's done. Looking forward to your next entry :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love what you did round the ankle!

    ReplyDelete
  21. love this studded detail on the jeans
    gorgeous!!!
    loving this inspiration

    -cma
    check out my blog @
    cosmicaroline.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. O man I've been dying to get white jeans for EVER!!! these ones are soo cute on you, I'm totally jealous

    ReplyDelete
  23. loving the white jeans and that blazer.

    ReplyDelete

Real Time Web Analytics