Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Outfit Remix/Style Challenge: Boho rocker

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Seriously. This skirt is the gift that keeps giving!

For those of you who are joining now, my dear friend, Christine of My Style Pill and I are doing a fun little remix challenge with this maxi skirt from Forever 21.

The odds of us owning a lot of the same things are pretty high, as our tastes are very similar. We started to do a quick closet inventory together the other day and realized that we'd be dangerous if ever, EVER combined closets.

Christine, just prepare yourself for the day I move out to New York. (Hi neighbor! Can I borrow a cup of sugar and your fur coat? Kthanx!)

Anyway, as for this outfit, I was channeling a combo of this outfit from Mary-Kate Olsen and this outfit from Olivia Palermo. Boho meets rocker. I love the outcome.

Also, special props to my photographer. He was quite sick when he took these photos, but was still such a sport to get the right shots. (Thank you!)

Jacket: Cropped leather jacket, Forever 21
Shirt: Screen printed v-neck, Urban Outfitters
Skirt: Taupe maxi skirt, Forever 21
Shoes: DIY post coming soon...

32 comments:

  1. Oh wow, this outfit is just brilliant. Pure and simple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this skirt is so lovely! perfect outfit!
    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. This maxi skirt looks amazing with the rest ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this look! you rocked it! ha...

    ReplyDelete
  5. sweet skirt!!! love the entire look of it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. cool outfit! and I love your hair... how did you do it??

    ReplyDelete
  7. that skirt is a-mazing!! I definitely see the whole boho-rocker thing. Looks great!

    Holly
    http://hollykeenan.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the skirt <3

    XoXo

    Venoma

    www.venomafashionfreak.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this! So chic :)

    commonsenseandstilettos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. this looks great together- i would never think to mix a boho influenced skirt with a leather top but it's genius!!

    jenniwells.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. You wear that skirt so well. Its perfect for your silhouette. The braids, pumps, and leather all add such incredible texture.
    Great post!
    rubymines.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're so damn chic Krystal. I'm thinking about getting that bag for my cousin for christmas. You carry it so well.

    Dig the skirt with the jacket as well.

    Caught Dreamin.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really love this one. It's going on my list of inspirations for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that skirt and have been looking everywhere for something like that!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love, love this! One of my favorite inspirations of the long skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm still pretty upset that I passed on that maxi. I fell in love with it online but didn't pull the trigger in the store.

    I have erred.

    But you look absolutely smashing, and there are seriously few things in this world that delight me more than an animal on a v-neck. It's true.

    .Haiku Ambulance

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amazing amazing outfit! I really love the fitted leather jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  18. cute outfit....I really needs to get me a maxi skirt, I love them...

    jen
    http://blankwhiteframes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this combo. That skirt is divine!

    ReplyDelete
  20. While I would never think that 'boho rocker' was necessarily my style, I am in LOVE with this outfit! So fun! And your waist looks so tiny! Holy!

    ReplyDelete
  21. came across your blog, and have to say, you have an AMAZING style, so inspiring! goorgeous maxi skirt, love how you styled it. def becoming a follower on here and blog lovin' :).

    <3, Kathleen.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Loving the jacket with the skirt! You look great :0
    xo

    http://flordemariafashion.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. this outfit is hot. love the hair! that skirt is so slimming.

    ps,. i featured you on my most recent weekly surf.
    click "who i look up to when it comes to fashion."
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Where's the necklace from? I've been wanting a gold tassel necklace like that! But that skirt is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  25. the maxi skirt is the most perfect neutral colour. love the look.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I know I am supposed to be looking at the skirt, but that jacket is fantastic!

    Anthea,
    Embracing Style

    ReplyDelete
  27. Loveee this outfit! Ever since you moved to SF, you're outfit pics have been cuter!! (Not like they werent before, just cuter!!) =]

    ReplyDelete
  28. That skirt is so lovely
    This outfit is gorgeous

    ReplyDelete

Real Time Web Analytics