Monday, December 13, 2010

Outfit Remix/Style Challenge: Last Tango in Paris

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Yep. Christine and I are at it again! When I had a chance to visit, oh so briefly with her, in NYC earlier last month, we actually had a chance to realize just how much stuff we both had, this skirt, being the top of our lists.

So what better way to kick off this otherwise dreary-looking Monday?

I give you my best "Last Tango in Paris" look. I only recently watched this movie, starring Marlon Brando and Maria Schneider after the coaxing from a friend (whose blog can be found here!). The movie, itself, is pretty iconic and so is the fashion. Case in point: this outfit. The hat! The fur! The tousled hair!

I just knew I had to recreate it somehow and luckily, when I was finishing up some Christmas shopping over the weekend, I scored this little faux fur number. Thanks Santa!

Now go scoot over and see how Christine worked her magic on this skirt!

Jacket: Faur fur jacket, Urban Outfitters
Top: Lace blouse, BB Dakota, via Wasteland
Skirt: Taupe maxi skirt, Forever 21
Shoes: Jessica Simpson Dany platform heels
Hat: Wide brim hat, c/o Hats in the Belfry

15 comments:

  1. perfest faux fur coat... love this combination with the long skirt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I love your coat!

    xoxo,

    colormenana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore that jacket! I've been searching for something like that for a while now! The whole look is great!


    Lindsey Soup

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to finally get around to checking out that film now that you're mentioning it!

    Such a pretty outfit, and connects with the Paris idea even more on that rooftop- a view I'd stare at for hours btw!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow--i love those first two pictures! the way the sky is all bleached out, just gives it such a cool effect. i know nothing about photography so i may use some stupid words here, but it's cool seeing your silhouette against that white sky. does that make sense...?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw both yours and Christine's posts about this skirt, and you guys look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this ffur coat is wonderful and it's perfect with that long skirt! wow!

    www.abitoffashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this outfit, it is so of the moment yet so retro at the same time. Very Jane Birkin! And I love your smile....

    ....Megan
    http://anotherzoeday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great outfit! Love the lace with black bra. Love the photo setting as well. Them heels are one of my favorite pairs in your repertoire and they go so well with that jacket. =D

    Caught Dreamin.

    ReplyDelete
  10. yay for fabulous faux fur jackets!

    ♥ Yvonne | www.beso.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are so beautiful!! Look at that smile! Girl, enjoy the holidays! You look amazing!!

    ReplyDelete

Real Time Web Analytics