Tuesday, June 28, 2011

working for the weekend


With a long holiday ahead, I'm already filling the ol' weekender bag with all my beach goodies. Since I'll be getting some much needed R&R up at a Lake Tahoe cabin, the activities in store are pretty low key: napping and reading on the beach, soaking some sun, afternoon hikes and riding to the store on our bikes.

1.) Love how much this coral red pops! You all know I'm a sucker for pairing my silk shirts with laid back jeans or cut offs, which is exactly what I plan on doing!
Silk shirt, J. Crew, $98

2.) A wide brim panama hat goes with me just about anytime I even think about going out in the sun. Why? It is absolutely NO fun to get sunburnt right in the part of your hair. I have a fun Coachella experience to thank for that lesson learned.
Panama hat, Madewell, $58

3.) Chevron stripes. One piece swimsuit. Yes and yes.
Chevron printed one piece swimsuit, Undrest, available at Net-a-Porter, $280

4.) It's not the Fourth of July without a pair of your trusty denim cut off shorts. I'm pretty sure our founding fathers would agree.
Denim cut off shorts, J. Brand, available at Bird, $155

5.) Having spoiled my Karen Walkers with a lot of wear lately, I need to resurface my Ray Ban wayfarers for a bit. Always classic, always chic.
Clubmaster sunglasses, Ray-Ban, available at Barneys New York, $140

6.) A good strappy flat sandal. Perfect for all the trekking and biking around. No heels here. (My feet are already rejoicing!)
Strappy sandal, Madewell, $118

7.)  I've been reading Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged for the past several months but haven't been able to get some good alone time with it. I hope to stick my nose in for several hours and only come up for lemonade refills!
Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand, Amazon, $9.99


What are your plans for the Fourth?

16 comments:

  1. LOVE that hat...great picks doll :)

    XoXo-Kelli K
    http://thefashionworshiper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love a lazy getaway exactly like the one you're having! To have my main mission be finishing a book, sipping cocktails, and hanging out with my guy and my dog would be so great! Love the picks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the chevron suit! The one piece is just what I like, and how adorable are those sandals?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the bathing suite! Nice retro vibe!


    rebelrousher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a sucker for one pieces. The chevron print is remarkable, and the swimsuit makes perfect beachwear.

    ♥, Jamie
    www.TheFancyTeacup.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love everything!!!! The panama Hat, the denim shorts, all!!! Enjoy yourself!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. THAT swimsuit! Amazing. Obviously I will be living in cutoffs this weekend, too...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the swimsuit...also love Ayn Rand. My next read is going to be Atlas Shrugged!

    -jamie.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post! Have a blast!! XOXO, www.NatalyasCloset.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perfect picks! And that swimsuit is to die for!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great selection, everything goes so well together! Now I'm wishing I had bought that red silk top at jcrew a month ago! Also LOVE the bathing suit...I think it's one of the cutest one-pieces I've seen!

    Happy 4th!
    Ann Marie
    http://www.stellafinds.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a perfect swimsuit! Have fun in Tahoe!

    xx,
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  13. love that swimsuit - 1 piece bathingwear is my summer must-have!

    would be interesting to hear what you think of the ayn rand - i read about 2/3rds of the book but eventually put it back on the bookshelf, it seemed to get too entrenched in ideas to hold the narrative - in my opinion :)

    Katie x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Other good reads this summer are One Day by David Nicolls and Paris Times Eight by Dierdre Kelly. Have fun in Tahoe!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great pics for a weekend at the beach

    Shasie
    Live Life in Style

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'd give ANYTHING to spend 4th of July up at Tahoe...well...I'm more of a Truckee girl..but yeah. Tahoe is my jam.

    ReplyDelete

Real Time Web Analytics