Saturday, October 18, 2014

gorgeous & green


I know I say this from time to time here on the blog, but sometimes when those certain hellish work weeks come along (you know the kind), it's easy to just crawl back into bed and give into marathon sessions of {insert cult hit TV show here} and resign until Monday. And trust me, sometimes you really need just that reboot. But other times, especially those that give you an excuse to scoot out of work a bit early on a Friday (but not too early) and throw on a cocktail dress -- well, you have to take advantage. 

Last weekend, I was invited to the Gorgeous & Green Gala at the Bently Reserve in San Francisco put on by the Global Green organization, whose proceeds go back toward advocating for smarter solutions to climate change and other eco-friendly initiatives. Aside from fan girling over Goldie Hawn and Navid Negahban among other celebrity hosts for the evening, I loved finding an excuse to hunt down a green dress for the occasion (the evening's attire requirement). Oddly enough, I don't own a lot of green in my wardrobe (especially of the cocktail variety), but this emerald color caught my eye so much while I was browsing The RealReal that I may have to incorporate more of it into the daily rotation.  

23 comments:

  1. great look ;-)0

    new post
    www.live-style20.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous outfit! You look so classy and feminine!

    http://lartoffashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can never pass up a good green dress. You look gorgeous! I would have loved going to that party because green is absolutely my favorite color!

    COOCOO FOR COCO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. And this green is beautiful.

    http://www.eyelikefashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous ! amazing green!


    http://hashtagliz.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That dress is absolutely gorgeous! You MUST incorporate that color more into your wardrobe, it looks amazing on you! Hope you had a good time at the event.


    www.littleblackshell.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous dress!
    ♥XO♥
    Jeanne
    http://fashionmusingsdiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking lovely! http://meowemily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love the detail of the dress especially with the back. you look gorgeous

    www.bumascloset.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous dress! I've recently developed and obsession with green and am currently on a hunt for a dark green leather dress. Hope you can check out my blog! x
    http://sweatshirtsanddresses.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Incredibly chic outfit perfect for coctails and fun! I think it can be hard to find the perfect shdae of green for my kin, but if I had found a gorgeous dress like this, I would have been very, very happy.

    http://tallgirlsfashion.no

    ReplyDelete
  12. This green satin number is beautiful on you lovely! Hope you had a fabulous time.

    Elizabeth x | www.candyflosscurlscupcakesandcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. That dress is a gloriously lovely colour. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That green dress is so amazing!
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Perfect dress with a touch of sexiness! Love it.

    www.kristajacobs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely dress!

    Check out my latest Outfit post and feel free to enter my Oasap cardigan giveaway !
    XoXo Venoma

    ReplyDelete
  17. very chic look. i'm obsessed with your shoes and the biker leather jacket :)

    Love
    Fiona THEDASHINGRIDER.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, green is DEFINITELY your color!

    www.xjole.com

    ReplyDelete

Real Time Web Analytics