Thursday, December 18, 2014

working from home {rainy days}


Growing up in Reno, snow days were pretty common. The minute it looked like a snow storm was heading our way, my sister and I would get our snow gear ready by the door, in hopes that 1.) school would be canceled the following day so we could 2.) go sledding at the park nearby in the morning or 3.) beg one of my parents to take us up to go skiing. 

Granted, living in San Francisco now, snow days aren't in my foreseeable future anymore (which I kind of miss these days!) but after last week's rainy "Storm of the Decade" that hit the Bay Area, I think rain days will do just fine. Given that I commute about 2 hours one way to get out to Mountain View, a lot of my team will opt to work from home or our San Francisco office to avoid flooded highways, accidents and overall, a headache of traffic. And I did exactly that last week. 

The tricky thing that I'm often guilty of when it comes to working from home, is the trap of not changing for the day, or what I like to call "VC presentable", meaning you look put together from the waist up for video conferences and likely wearing pajamas below. What I've found though is that I'm much more productive and energized if I put together an outfit I feel good in -- even if the only person who may fully appreciate it, is Elvis. And sometimes, he doesn't even seem to care. ;)

Lately, for my work from home attire routine, I've been incorporating a slew of cozy socks, sometimes worn slouchy with heels when I eventually head out of the apartment, or sometimes pulled up like this pair by GoldToe, to peek out of knee high boots. They're the perfect cozy touch for staying in and a great finishing touch to an outfit for drinks afterward (when the rain finally lets up). If you'd like to try a pair for yourself, GoldToe is awarding out assorted pairs every week and even a $1,500 wardrobe makeover grand prize. Simply like or comment on their Facebook posts with the hashtag #80DaysOfGoldToe. Good luck! 

Do any of you work from home? How do you dress for the occasion? 

Photos by my Mom (Thanks, Mom!)

This post was in collaboration with GoldToe. As always, all opinions and styling are my own. Thank you for supporting all This Time Tomorrow collaborations! 

26 comments:

  1. It's awesome that you have a blogging team and an office! Truly inspiring that with hard work, all bloggers can build a brand. Lovely outfit! Really digging that turtle neck.

    xoxo, Debby



    www.debbyboovlogs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been working from home in the run up to Christmas and only get all dressy if going out for something special. Otherwise I will work in my sweats.

    LDNBLOGGERSTEA | CHAMPAGNE TEA AT THE LANCASTER

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a stylish work from home outfit! I almost always wear jeans when I work from home, shorts if it's a particularly hot day. I'm a pretty laid back dresser most of the time anyway though.

    Agree that it's better to get out of the PJs!


    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love working from home! Only have to dress your upper half is such a dream sometimes! xx

    www.getup-goblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the socks

    Giveaway on blog starting tomorrow!

    http://hashtagliz.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love working from home! Only have to dress your upper half is such a dream sometimes! xx

    www.getup-goblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect boots and bag, such a "must have" pieces!

    http://lartoffashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice boots !

    http://fruityandpassion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this outfit! The boots with the skirt looks amazing!

    http://www.bluelabelsboutique.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning post and pictures!
    ♥♥♥
    Jeanne
    http://fashionmusingsdiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Replies
    1. It's from CB2! I love it -- highly recommend! :)

      Delete
  12. You look amazing girlie! LOVE this look! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a fantastic look. Chic is the best way to describe it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So amazing! Those boots. You styled this look sooo perfect!
    x Fiona

    THEDASHINGRIDER.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am in IT (a Technical Writer) so I can work 90% of my time from anywhere. I currently work three days a week from home and am in the office two days a week. I live in central Auckland and the office is only a ten-minute drive away, not a two-hour commute! I wear dressy casual at home. In Winter, usually skinny jeans, my cashmere jumper and ballet flats or ankle boots. Now we are in Summer, I wear casual pants, sandals and a tee. I definitely feel more productive than slopping around in PJs!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice bag and sunglasses :) M&MFASHIONBITES mmfashionbites.blogspot.gr

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amazing look and pics!!
    Kisses, love Paola.
    ...... / \ * ..................... ......... ......... * * .... * ....... ... .. *
    ... ../ .. \ ...... ./ \ ............. ............ * * * ... .. * ......... .......
    .... / .... \ ... ../ .. \ * ...... ............. ......... * * * ...... .. ....... *.
    ... / ... _ _ \ ... / .... \ ....... * .... * * ......... .......... ...... *. * ....
    .... / ... .. \ ../_ ... _ \ ... * ............ .. ............ *. * ...... * ......
    ... / ....... \ ./ ....... \ .... * ....... ...... .. * * * .......... ...... *. *.
    ../_ ...... _ \ ......... \ ...... * ....... ......... * * * ...... .. ....... *
    ... / ...... .. \ _ ......... \ ... * ......... * ....... ......... * * ...... .. *.
    ../..........\.........\.........*.......*.........*........*... ..
    ./............\........_\..*....*...__||__.....*......*... ..
    / ________ \ ......... \ ... .. * ....... (• •) ... .. ...... *. * ... ..
    ...... | ... | _________ \. * ...... ..- (| • |) - .... ...... *. * ...
    ...... | ... | .... | ... |. * * ......... .. ... .. (| • |) ...... ...... **. *
    =================================

    expressyourself

    My Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have a bit of mixed feelings re the boots but I think you managed to pull them off fantastically here x
    http://www.wllwproject.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello, I want to tell you about this site, that it's worked for me by working from home

    WorkingFrelancer.com

    ReplyDelete

Real Time Web Analytics