Friday, February 27, 2015

the empire hotel

Jacket: Zara (old from last year); Top, skirt and bralette borrowed from Cynthia Rowley; Shoes: Saint Laurent; Bag: Chanel; Sunglasses: Ray-Ban

While I've spent my fair amount of time at the Empire Hotel, either on vacation or the occasional oyster indulgence at Ed's Chowder House upstairs, I've never spent a proper week at the hotel during Fashion Week. And I have to say, this time around having done just that, it made all the difference! 

Typically, Fashion Week madness can drive even the most seasoned veteran mad (and by no means do I consider myself one of those brave souls). Darting to and from shows at Lincoln Center, then back to your room for warmth and a quick outfit change and back out again for more shows downtown -- it's a crazed hustle, teetering the whole way on heels often ill suited for the weather. 

This time around, I cut out some of my hustle. Given that the Empire is directly across the street from Lincoln Center, I was an easy stone's throw away from most of my shows (and heck, I could even do a little people watching from my hotel room window during my downtime). Plus, their bar downstairs makes for the perfect mid-day meeting point or late-night night cap, whichever happens to be your poison of choice. 

Huge thanks again to the Empire Hotel for having me during Fashion Week! 

17 comments:

  1. Black and white outfits suit you like no other!
    Very classy, feminine and minimalistic outfit.

    ️http://lartoffashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice look ; >>

    new post

    www.live-style20.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the textures in this outfit!

    www.kristajacobs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your outfit!!

    www.mygoldenobsession.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like the perfect place to stay during Fashion Week! So glad you had a good time!

    x. Sabrina // Simply Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous set!
    ♥♥♥
    Jeanne
    http://fashionmusingsdiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is so beautiful.

    hanrosewilliams.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice lace combination, very elegant. Happ Sunday!

    http://www.inatrendytown.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. cool

    http://thepocketstyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the blog loaded with so many information. Stopping by your blog helped me to get what I was looking for.

    Hotel in Florence

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm in love with this black and white lace combo!

    -M
    www.violetroots.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like the perfect place to stay for FW. And I love this lace look. It's gorgeous
    Dresses & Denim

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning outfit with black and white I can't imagine the madness that goes on during that time in New York... You look lovely


    HAPPY MEDLEY

    ReplyDelete

Real Time Web Analytics