Thursday, March 5, 2015

in flight

Jacket: Modcloth (old, similar style here); Turtleneck: Kit & Ace; Jeans: Frame; Shoes: Dolce Vita; Cuff: Hermes; Hat: Gladys Tamez; Bag: Saint Laurent (borrowed from Aaron, thanks Aaron!)

The past few weeks have been a blur of suitcases, packing and repacking, security lines, delayed flights and mini personal bottles of wine (as a nightcap on red eyes), that I decided a run down on my airport style is well overdue. Since traveling is such a central part of my life, both for work and for pleasure, I like to think I've perfected my in flight uniform, to something comfortable and easy to schlep in, but also still feels chic and put together, and well, like myself. 

It goes a little something like this: skinny jeans with a forgiving amount of stretch to them (this Frame pair has been a god send as of late), these Dolce Vita ankle boots (that are easy to sprint to your gate in), a cozy wrap around coat (that doubles as a blanket during the flight), a lighter weight turtleneck (because I'm a turtleneck fanatic) and a hat (mainly because I've yet to discover the best way to pack hats, short of wearing them on flights). 

What do you wear when you're jetting out of town? 

Photos by Aaron Shui

16 comments:

  1. so nice!!

    xoxo

    new post

    www.live-style20.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your travel style

    http://hashtagliz.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great look!

    http://www.nytrendymoms.com/2015/03/what-to-do-with-old-bras.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool hat!
    ♥♥♥
    Jeanne
    http://fashionmusingsdiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look great! I like the boots and the jeans. I'm kind of like a magpie when it comes to purple so I also like your suitcase too hah

    -M
    www.violetroots.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can certainly tell you whatever I wear when I'm jetting out of town is never nearly as stylish as this outfit! I especially love that jacket!

    http://pennypanache.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE those ankle boots! Such a cute stud detail :)

    I tend to find stretchy jeans good for travel too - and layering in all it's forms. I don't quite look as stylish as this though!

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're totally rocking this travelling outfit! Love it!

    http://lartoffashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a great airport outfit. So chic!

    www.rdsobsessions.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look amazing when you travel. I'm impressed
    Dresses & Denim

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look so great! Perfect look for traveling :)

    x Fiona THEDASHINGRIDER.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. A really similar kind of outfit... but without the heel :) x
    http://www.wllwproject.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your travel look! Try stuffing your hat with undergarments when packing it in a suitcase. It will keep it's shape and you wouldn't have to wear it (if you didn't want to). I just learned that tip recently and it works great!

    www.diversastyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love how you made this into your own kind of style! I really like the jeans on you as well! I recently purchased some similar jeans from fixateboutique.com and I think that you would really love the tomboy meet sexy style that are trying to go for, just go see for yourself!

    ReplyDelete

Real Time Web Analytics