Sweater, Tank, Bra, Pants and Bag: Calia by Carrie Underwood; Shoes: Nike Free; Sunglasses: Ray-Ban; Headphones: Gift from ShopStyle (similar here); Fitness tracker: Jawbone Up3
Since we're hot off the heels of our first (of many) long holiday breaks, let's talk fitness again, shall we?
But first: this is the part where I hang my head a bit.
If you recall, a few weeks back I confided in all of you that I would be running my second marathon in many, many, many years this April in Paris. And if you happen to follow me on Snapchat, you probably got annoyed with the amount of running updates I was posting over there. That is until about two weeks ago, when it hit me.
The wintertime "nahhh."
Are you familiar with it? That feeling when you know you really should be heading out for a long run and/or workout but something just always seems to get in the way. "Oh, waiting for the FedEx guy to arrive." "Oh, I really should organize my magazines by color and issue date." "Oh, silly daylight savings! I should just wait until I get that extra hour back to the day."
I'm usually pretty good at shaking this feeling, but something about the past two weeks (between a lot of last minute projects and a darn cold), I just couldn't seem to rise above the wintertime "nahhh." I guess when it came down to it, #NetflixAndChill just sounded better (and warmer). Which then, of course, got me thinking, I should revisit some of my fool-proof ways to get motivated again because that marathon sure as hell isn't going to run itself.
So in no particular order, here's how I get my butt into gear:
1. Pick up new workout gear. This probably comes as no surprise to anyone -- pick up a few cute new bras and running pants and I get excited to sport them all. I was recently introduce to the line Calia by Carrie Underwood back in September during Fashion Week and have been loving all of her separates (which I'm wearing here).
2. Playlists. Playlists. Playlists. Give a girl the right tunes (or at least this girl) and she can run for miles. Lately I've been jamming out to a lot of Billy Joel, Bowie and Bieber (I know, I know, but something about his last album is just too good!).
3. Try a new workout class with friends. Nothing gets you moving like a few good girlfriends pushing you. Lately, we've been hooked on Equinox's barre classes (great for toning and lengthening). And I may have picked up a few leotards just for the occasion. ;)
4. Treat myself to a new restaurant if I meet my running goal for the week. Up this week? If I crush my 12 mile run this Saturday, I have my sights set on The Waverly Inn (because it just looks so romantic every time I pass it while walking Elvis).
5. Pick out my marathon present. They say eye on the prize, right? Well, in this case, I'm keeping my eye on a little visit to Chanel when I'm in Paris post-marathon to scoop up a new bag baby. Until then, let's think about this as the Chanel carrot, forcing me to run just a bit faster and just a bit longer.
This post was in collaboration with Equinox. As always, all opinions and styling are my own. Thank you for supporting all This Time Tomorrow collaborations!