Friday, December 11, 2015

crosswalk games

Coat, shirt, faux fur collar and jeans: French Connection; Shoes: Saint Laurent (dying over this pair!); Bag: Chanel; Sunglasses: Celine

I remember when I was just starting to look for an apartment here in NYC back in March. It was freezing, there was plenty of ice to had at every street corner and my broker and I covered a lot of ground, stomping through the West Village. 

One particular afternoon, Carlos, was taking me to what would eventually be my future apartment and we happened to be crossing 7th Avenue. The crosswalk sign said to not cross. I looked left. I looked right. And then I looked left again. And I crossed, since traffic was clear. 

Mid-sentence, Carlos, hurried to catch up with me, as he was still standing at the corner and said, "I think you're going to fit in just fine here in New York."

And I think about that every time I see swarms of folks crossing the street, often in between cabs passing through the intersection. And it makes me smile.

Happy weekend, everyone! 

PS: If you're ever in need of a broker here in the city, Carlos Santos is your man! 

14 comments:

  1. This is such a great outfit, so stylish, so trendy and def. inspiring! I like your coat very much!

    http://lartoffashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That color is amazing!

    Jess
    http://www.citycomfortsdc.com/burgundy-staples/

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome look ; -))


    i invite to me too


    www.live-style20.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great outfit! Love your faux fur collar!
    Love,
    Kisses and hugs from www.trangscorner.com {a lifestyle, fashion, beauty, and food blog}

    ReplyDelete
  5. amazing!
    http://killthemwithchic.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing this article for more Girls Games

    ReplyDelete

Real Time Web Analytics