Monday, February 8, 2016

mad max {in marissa webb}

Vest: Marissa Webb, bought at her store, but I can't find it online (jacket version here); Shirt: Frank & Eileen; Jeans: J.Brand; Boots: Stuart Weitzman; Bag: Saint Laurent; Sunglasses: Celine; Choker: Net-A-Porter packaging ribbon

When it comes to shooting outfits for This Time Tomorrow, I like the location to be just as much of a focal point as the outfit, if not more so sometimes (Empire State Building, anyone?). And that's mainly because I like to think of this space as my catalyst for exploring New York. It makes me see the city through different eyes and experience it in a way that's more than just passing through another neighborhood. In a way, I take a piece of it with me. 

While this location I may not have given a second thought to, I'm really glad Lydia insisted we shoot here. It's part of the NYU campus, just a block off Washington Square Park, and while nothing about it screams "New York!" to me, we both were really digging the Mad Max vibes it was giving off -- structural and rough around the edges -- a little slice of a post-apocalyptic world, right there at the corner of the park. Granted, I'm no Charlize Theron and I definitely didn't have Tom Hardy by my side (unfortunately!), but I have to admit, it did give a certain brazen edge to my outfit that I think was warranted. 

That said, if there are ever locations in New York (or elsewhere for that matter, in the US or abroad), that you think I should check out for a shoot, please do let me know! Send me an email (krystalannebick@gmail.com) with the subject line "Shoot Locations" and I'd love to check them out.



18 comments:

  1. Totally pity that it's not possible to buy this vest online because it's one of the most amazing and stylish vests I've ever seen! Love the way that you've styled this combo, these over the knee boots were a perfect choice. :)

    http://lartoffashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice top, love it!!


    www.sweetmona.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved that overalls/dress/shirt thing ever since I saw it being posted on Insta. Love how you paired it with the white shirt. And I love NYC for all it's random shooting locations. Park Slope is one of my faves. There's a pink house somewhere on 7th street I believe that every time I pass by, I oogle because it looks like a Barbie dream house.

    coffeeslag

    COFFEESLAG Winter Coat OOTD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh! I'll have to go find it with Lydia! Thanks!!

      Delete
  4. Love how you paired a basic white button up with such a structured top. Looks Great!

    http://southerncrave.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful outfit! Love the layering. You're style is perfection--so chic! xx

    www.fashionsensored.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your bag! :*

    http://landing-in-fashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, such a cool top!


    Love,
    www.thestyleventure.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so in love with this look! That vest is gorgeous <3

    Isle of Style

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE this weekend look! So chic and full of personality - your top is everything.
    <3
    katsfashionfix.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great outfit! Stunning look!
    Xoxo,
    Love from www.trangscorner.com {a lifestyle, fashion, beauty, and food blog}

    ReplyDelete
  11. gorgeous layering! love your bag
    x
    http://anoddgirl.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  12. so pretty look ; -)))


    i invite to me too


    www.live-style20.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. The vest is everything!
    And you have matched if perfectly.

    www.chicinitie.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks perfectly cool, everything is awesome <3

    xoxo, Best Bags For Women 2016

    ReplyDelete

Real Time Web Analytics