Tuesday, November 17, 2009

I told you so




Well. You have been warned. I've been itching to wear a bow tie since seeing "Coco Avant Chanel" and while I look no where near as adorable as Audrey Tautou, I'm still pleased with the end result. Except for the part when I took off my blazer and my boyfriend told me I looked like a waitress. That part I was not pleased with. Ahem. Ian.

But today is said boyfriend's birthday, so I'll let it slide. Just this once.

Blazer: Tweed and leather blazer, Charlotte Ronson for JCPenny
Shirt: Ruffle button down blouse, thrifted, originally from J. Crew
Skirt: Black velvet mini skirt, H&M
Bow tie: OK, not really a bow tie, just a bow from Walmart that I pinned on
Shoes: Black heels, Aldo

26 comments:

  1. i think you look cute. :) preppy looks good on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the velvet skirt is so cool. love it. love it.

    onherline.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cute - I'm always worried about looking like a waitress whenever I wear a tie or bow tie! Love the ruffled shirt and what a great cheap way to make a bowtie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hee hee! That cute little bow tie has me tickled pink!

    www.SeekingDirtyHairHalo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is a weird coincindence, i bought those same bows for like a dollar or two at walmart to make a DIY project for my blog, but they've been sitting on my dresser for like two weeks! ha! cute idea though:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look pretty.. that bow tie is just so cute..

    http://thenovembergirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Krystal, this is just darling. I love everything about it. The bow is so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. you have the sweetest hair in the world! and i love your outfit. in my book, bows are always in!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this outfit! The bow tie is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I bought a bow tie in gray Chambray from American Apparel a few weeks ago and have not worn it yet. I just knew I loved it and Usually buy on that basis and figure it out later. The way you have done it is so cute. Gives me the inspiration to give it a whirl. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. amazing look.
    absolutely stylish.
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. girl, i love it! i really want to try wearing a bow tie, too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the bow! You've totally inspired me!

    colormenana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. so cute + preppy! i love the bow and jacket. i have yet to find the perfect boyfriend blazer.

    <3
    erica

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG coincidence! the 17th of November is my Boyfriends birthday also! and i ate waaaaay too much for dinner. Love the blazer, i'm yet to find one IRL that i like hmm

    ReplyDelete
  16. totally gorgeous
    simple, chic, flawless
    thanks for sharing, love the little bow tie
    beautiful blog

    -cma
    check out my blog @
    cosmicaroline.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your outfit ! Especially this adorable little bow tie !

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the little bow! I might have to steal that idea sometime- I think I even have that same little bow from walmart.

    You look gorgeous!
    -jenloveskev

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a sweet outfit, very Gossip Girl! Love that blazer!
    xoxo Jolie
    http://senoritafashionista1.blogger.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. You are making me want to wear a bowtie too! I think you look so cute.

    Hugs,
    Amy

    thebargainhunterextraordinaire.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. my fav outfit by far! So darling! Great styling!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You look great, love the bowtie! - Natalya of Wear Necessities

    ReplyDelete
  23. haha. my boyfriend often has an unwelcome commentary, don't sweat it. i love the bowtie, you rock it well!

    xo Niki

    http://ahautemess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Happy bday boyfriend! He's lucky to have a stylin woman like you in his life! You look great :)

    ReplyDelete

Real Time Web Analytics