Sunday, June 21, 2009

blinding white






To all the fathers out there, happy Father's Day. I surprised my dad with, what else, a Beatles greatest hits two-disc album, 1963 through 1966. Nothing works wonders like a Beatles gift for your Dad, mark my words.

Followed that up with some intense shopping. Stopped by the recently opened Saks Fifth Avenue, Off Fifth, also known as Reno's attempt to feel closer to the East Coast. Picked up an awesome little party dress (and not in black, hooray!) and an equally awesome front buttoning skirt for work. More pictures to follow, promise. 

This little number pictured here though, I've been dying to wear for quite some time now, ever since I spotted Chloe Sevigny at this year's Coachella wearing an all-white 1950s beach ready ensemble. It. Was. Perfect. Too bad I didn't recognize her when I saw her. 

Shirt: Vintage white button up blouse
Pants: White, high-waisted Levis
Sweater: Light sea green cardigan, vintage
Shoes: Tan woven loafers, Urban Outfitters
Jewelry: Monocle charm necklace, Urban Outfitters; Coral colored bangles
Shakes: Tortoise shell way-farers
Accessory: Vintage maroon shade umbrella 

4 comments:

  1. love the white ensemble, very summery. =)
    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why thank you! I don't recommend sitting in grassy fields/lawns for very long while wearing all white, though. The stains are inevitable. I do recommend carrying a shade umbrella. Perhaps the best investment for summer and so ladylike!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like your monocle...haha. i'm now thinking should get one of those in my prescription. where does one find an eyeglass store that puts lenses into monocles?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha, this is going to sound bizarre, but do you remember the movie, "The Heathers" with Winona Ryder? I totally forgot about this until I wanted it again the other night, but she uses this monocle whenever she writes in her diary. It's hilarious! As to finding one to use, I'll let you borrow mine. Then you have to promise to wear a top hat and act like Mr. Moneybags from Monopoly, k? :)

    ReplyDelete

Real Time Web Analytics