Tuesday, July 14, 2009

freedom flowers

OK, so by a show of hands, who saw the above picture posted the other day, taken by none other than the fashion Midas touch himself, The Sartorialist, and swooned a little bit on the inside? 

Go ahead, raise 'em high where I can see them. Her hat, the red lipstick and of course, those goddamn FLOWERS. Utter. Greatness. And this Parisian chick knows it, too. 

That's when I figured, why let the Parisians have all the fun? They already get the to-die-for accent and near perfect bone structure. See where I'm going with this? Of course you do.

Yours truly, moi, jumped in the car last night, raided Wal-Mart's decorative flower section, chopped up some felt and burnt myself too many times with a glue gun while my boyfriend serenaded me on the ukulele and produced this little number:
 

But did I stop there? Nah, of course not. Naturally, I had to one up the above-referenced Parisian chick so I threw on some pearls and a simple gold chain as some, fou fou (emphasis added for French accent). 

Total damage: $12 and some blisters from the glue gun, but worth it.

Moral of the story: Life's too short (to envy those on The Sartorialist) so bring the flowers to you! Oui?

25 comments:

  1. Haha you're so cute! Love le fleurs:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. *hand goes up* I was one of your fellow swooners when I seen this pic on the sartorialist. Absolutely gorgeous, and I love that you recreated it, makes me wanna get handy with the glue gun!!

    nicola xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi dear, I live near Torino, and I frequent the university in Torino! I would like to help you...you also ask, unfortunately my English isn't good! Make me know, kiss!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh god!!!!i want one too!!!ill make one as soon as ill go home

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful, maybe even more stunning than the one in the Sartorialist! And it looks gorgeous paired with that gray tee!!

    http://betweenlaundrydays.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is adorable! Great idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. AWESOME! I Love it!!! Feeling inspired.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah! You are good with a glue gun!:):)

    ReplyDelete
  9. haha yeah ive stopped looking at the sartorialist on a daily basis . envy was consuming me . oh and .... about DIY .. you just have to have the balls to do it . ..serioislly i am not too good at all , i know how to stitch and sew but on a very amateur way .. i learned when i was like 11.

    be sure to try it out on things you dont mind throwing away if you mess up .that my number one rule .

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love those necklace!! veryyyyy pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Whoa!!! Awesome!!! Would you be horrified if I copied that?!? But I highly doubt it would look as amazing as yours... I am not so good with DIYs! But this looks so cool I just have to try it.... BTW..I added you on my blogroll. Your style is too good not to be shown to everyone!


    clothedmuch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. yesss! you did such a great job! i love it

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ohhh... amazing necklaces. Thanks for stopping by my blog - I adore yours! I added myself to your followers - loved to have you as one :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. i know i saw this necklace and died!!! i love love love yours! it looks beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those are stunning! (: I love your rendition; the little pearls & details are gorgeous. I must make my own now!

    bisous,
    La C.

    ReplyDelete
  16. you've been JINXED

    FASHIOJINX.BLOGSPOT.COM
    FASHIOJINX.BLOGSPOT.COM
    FASHIOJINX.BLOGSPOT.COM
    FASHIOJINX.BLOGSPOT.COM
    FASHIOJINX.BLOGSPOT.COM
    FASHIOJINX.BLOGSPOT.COM
    FASHIOJINX.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete
  17. My dear you are amazing! I'm making a flower necklace tomorrow, no joke!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! this is amazing. love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, golly. I am still swooning. Must get crafty soon!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Haha thats genius
    Seriouslyy looks stunninggg
    Greatt DIY

    I love your blog
    Am actually addicted
    It's great :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. So great! =D I'm totally inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, I love it!

    Krystal, is there any way I could pay you to make me one of these? I have not artistic talent, but I l-o-v-e this necklace! Pretty please?

    ReplyDelete

Real Time Web Analytics