Friday, July 24, 2009

psssttt....sneak peak!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

There is a 98 percent chance that yours truly will be walking a catwalk out with the above-pictured gals in the above-pictured outfit (second photo from the top) for none other than a Burning Man fashion show in Reno. Keep in mind, that's 98 percent. That leaves condoms with better odds than me. 

(awkward silence)

Moving on, the show is Sunday, August 2nd and for all my Renoites out there, you know what Burning Man is all about.

For all my hardcore, free-loving and eco-friendly hippies out there, I'm sure Burning Man is your family vacation.

For all those who think I'm referring to some strange independent film offshoot of "Rain Man" picture this: Black Rock Desert, relentless dry heat, 50,000 hippies all participating in a week-long large-scale art show/festival/pilgrimage/acid binge. Oh, and most of them are wearing some combination of fur, body paint, multi-colored wigs or nothing at all. 

Crazy fun. And yeah, only in Nevada.

So with that said, the lovely Ms. Jessica Schneider (first photo) of Junkee Clothing Exchange will be showcasing her featured Burning Man looks of the season and I hope to see some of you (all two Reno readers, ha) there. But of course, I'll have plenty of photos to update all of you other, lovelies. 

Unfortunately, however, no one will be naked for the show. That I know of anyway. 

P.S. Isn't the girl in the third photo adorable? She looks like she should be playing chess with the Queen of Hearts in Wonderland.

P.P.S. Should have an outfit post later on today. Stay tuned.

12 comments:

  1. Ha! You kill me! We have the SAME humor...
    Unfortunately I don't think Anna Wintour would improve...shes slightly stiff lipped. I saw a video where she was smiling and slightly animated, I am convinced she was drugged against her own will. Looks to be an interesting show that you will be part of...maybe..Thanks for stopping by my blog, I'm putting you on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pictures made me smile! They are mad and full of fun!!

    Check out my blog please
    www.amasqueradeuncovered.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks soo cool!! Iv'e been hearing about Burning Man and so want to go now.. humm Reno weekend roadtrip?! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes the third girl is so adorable...like she just walked out from the set of alice in wonderland:P

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so incredbly jealous! Those outfits are so fun! I wish I lived near reno so I could come watch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome, I'm in love with the third outfit down

    ReplyDelete
  7. I went to high school with the third girl. she's totally awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ow thats awesome .can wait to see you wearing something like that .
    hooray for condoms ! (awkward)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Improve = approve in my comment, hmm, now I don't sount smart.

    ReplyDelete
  10. PS-Yes on the craftiness. We'll drink wine and make some cool shit. It's fun going shopping for fun odds and ends to put together too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. haha, love the awkward silence...
    Looking forward to seeing more.

    And thank you for your lovely comments, they mean a lot :)

    ReplyDelete

Real Time Web Analytics