Friday, August 28, 2009

friday casual with silk pants













The past several months have been spent driving from one side of town to the other, between work, home and my boyfriend's house. Needless to say, this girl is tired of living out of the backseat of her car (a small backseat of a Honda Civic nonetheless!). At any given moment, I could probably reach behind my driver's seat, grab a pair of ankle boots and a dress and be ready for the evening. With a clutch purse and a dangly necklace somewhere hidden around my dashboard.

Of course, this poses problems. Who wants a going-out frock with car seat wrinkles? That's why I've started, as of late, conjuring outfits that would transition easily, and I mean, super easily between work and play without having to drive the 20 minutes back home. These silk pants are a perfect example. The BF and I went and saw "Julie and Julia" last night, which I'm still reveling in surprise that he actually agreed to my only kidding offer, and I sported this black lace body suit number with my new silk, paper bag waist pants from Express. I felt so Kansas Couture, it was great!

Then, for work, I threw on an understated white v-neck t-shirt with a snazzy bib necklace. Voila! No digging in my backseat and I only had to change one item, really.

Let's hear it for lazy, but fashionable days! Oh, and happy Friday everyone! We made it.

Shirt: White v-neck t-shirt, American Apparel; black lace body suit, Romantic Sensations (ha!)
Pants: Champagne colored silk, paper bag waist pants, Express (only $12!)
Shoes: Black wedges, Kenzie
Jewelry: Gem embellished bib necklace, Charlotte-Russe; Harmonica necklace, gift from Japan from the boyfriend; seahorse and peace sign charm necklace, Target

19 comments:

  1. i love your home!
    and your outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the day to night change! I'm really liking your colorful walls!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are silk???? For twelve bucks?
    FUCK! Your good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your version better! Those pants are divine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The car comment made me laugh.

    I love these outfits... esp the t-shirt and necklace combo. I feel like I would shy away from those pants in the store, but you look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So, when I first saw those pants, I thought, "OMG, I love those." Then I saw the price and I almost fell out of my chair. Damn, girl. Way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i am in love with that first outfit. lately i've been sort of obsessed with white v-neck shirts, i hoard them like crazy. yours is very flattering, i'll have to check out american apparel. a while back wal-mart had the world's best cheap v-necks and i literally bought 15. love your blog, love your style, love your bangs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hm, at least you look comfy? :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh, I love the shape of those pants!! They are so flattering on you. Oh, and I love them with the lacy shirt. Marv.

    ReplyDelete
  10. you always have the best looks. Nice score on the pants. I love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those pants are so sweet! I would have just passed 'em by on the rack, but now I'll take another look at the Express sale rack. As always, well done, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your pants, especially with the black lace top. Another inspiration, thanks!!

    http://nadiakamballa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those pants are lovely. They look so comfy, but still elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  14. love the two combinations
    and the Charlotte Russe necklace is just gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  15. i have those pants in black and they are great, and so comfortable! you have me considering the champagne now... :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. i love it! the pants are sooo cute. i just bought a skirt that looks exactly like them.

    ReplyDelete
  17. genius! and the lace top is very cool. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Real Time Web Analytics