Sunday, August 30, 2009

risky business

And so it begins. I finally got around to picking up a copy of "The Sartorialist" the other night only to flip through it briefly and exclaim (in the middle of Barnes and Noble, mind you!) "Oh, I have to try that!"

Thank God I wasn't in the self-help aisle. Or The World of Warcraft aisle. I was near the sex section, though. Either way, I think I played it off well.

The first photo here is, of course, the reason for this post, and while I tried and tried and tried to find a silkier version of the men's basic white button-down shirt, I just couldn't find it anywhere at Savers. Nevertheless, I like how the entire look came together, the main difference being a lack of the cute black ribbon.

Here's my excuse:

If you happened to be browsing through the men's belt section and stumbled upon a vintage Yves Saint Laurent belt, wouldn't you incorporate it immediately into your outfit?

That's what I thought.

Shirt: Vintage men's button-down shirt
Belt: Vintage YSL leather belt
Shoes: DIYed studded ankle boots, Payless
Jewelry: Random gold necklaces with rosary-looking necklace, don't remember where I got them

Oh, and Tom Cruise, eat your heart out.


  1. Yowza! Lady, this is awesome!!!

  2. omg thats brilliant! im gonna start lookig thru the mens sections

  3. its undescribable how much i love your shoes.

  4. you look so good in this outfit
    and i understand about the ysl belt darling

  5. Very cool. I like the way it came together. I wish I would have the confidence to wear something like that outin public! xx

  6. you pull off the whole look so well. and of course i would wear the belt. who wouldn't?!

  7. Oooh I really like your version... the black and white is great! I don't think I would have the nerve to wear it out though!

  8. You look great! I've always wanted to try this, but I don't think I'm quite gutsy enough yet.

  9. very cute... i'm inspired to go dig out an oversized shirt right now!



Real Time Web Analytics