Tuesday, January 5, 2010

going riding




I cannot express how excited I was to find these vintage riding pants the other day. Leather enforcements on the inside of the pant legs, high waist and get this, it buttons on both sides, at the hip.

Which only leads me to make priority number 4 for 2010: I need to start focusing on buying clothing items that will only add something special to my wardrobe. I think I made the mistake (particularly in 2009) of trying to make my paycheck stretch to pay for the most amount of clothes I could allot myself money for. I've come to find that, yes, I have a lot of clothes, but tend to really rotate through the items I sought after and had an instant connection with. Moral of the story, kids, buy only things you love.

I know what you're thinking. Money can't buy you love.

Well it sure as hell can't. But I love these riding pants. Even if they kinda make me look wide at the hips. Now that's love.

Cardigan: Drape cut cardigan, Urban Outfitters
Shirt: Wrap tie blouse, Gap
Pants: Vintage riding pants, Junkee Clothing Exchange
Shoes: Black wedges, Aldo

24 comments:

  1. Gorgeous shoes and the shape of the pants are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that is a good point. I am also tempted to buy 7 $5 sweaters when I really could save my money and buy one nice one in a classic shape that I will get more wear out of. Quality vs. quantity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your shoes! Interesting pants... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg love the pants, they're amazing.

    Carmen.xx.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those would have elicited a SCREAM from me if I had found them, they are fabulous!
    You look great in them!
    Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know exactly what you mean when you say you need to build your wardrobe with special pieces.. I completely agree.. but it's one of those things that will ALWAYS be a work in progress, you know?

    On that note.. these pants are ridiculous. I'm so in love with them. I've had high hopes of finding authentic riding pants at a thrift store lately with no luck.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Those are gorgeous! what a great find.

    ReplyDelete
  8. you pull off those vintage riding pants so well. the perfect outfit for them :) and you're right. you should only buy the things you really love so you'll get your money's worth.

    ReplyDelete
  9. love them pants!!! and shoes! perfect look!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow, I am in love with those pants. seriously! They are quite amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're so hip, Krystal (get it? "Hip"?)

    heehee

    Fab outfit, and you. are. ROCKING. it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh man oh man oh man. Those pants are freaking FABULOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You can pull them off and you can pull them off WELL!

    goldleafashley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. riding pants! oh my, so awesome!

    i just wanted to say, i've been reading fashion blogs for a year now, & your style is BY FAR the most inspirational & the absolute coolest i've come across.

    your blog is the first fashion blog i check!!

    anyway, that's all. keep it up, please, because i adore your style.

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. Haha, I rode for over 10 years, so I have so many pairs of riding pants. None with such crazy hips though!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. those pants are fabulous...

    I've been following your blog for about a month or so now, and I just want to tell you I love your style.

    ReplyDelete
  17. those pants are out of control....they look great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm extremely jealous of your vintage riding pants. They're gorgeous and remind me of one of my fave 80s movies - Troop Beverly Hills!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I tried on some pants like this with disastrous results. However they look totally fabulous on you, good work!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Those pants look great on you!

    -Jason

    ReplyDelete

Real Time Web Analytics