Friday, December 5, 2014

sunday routines

Shirt: Kit & Ace; Boxer brief underwear: Hanes

Confession: I've always had a love/hate relationship with Sundays. On one hand, they're a great bookend to the weekend, perfect for sleeping in, recovering from Saturday and on particular rainy ones, they're practically made for marathons of Blacklist or Downton Abbey (depending on my mood, of course).

On the other hand, I secretly dread them. When you have a slew of early Monday morning meetings, most of which are presentation heavy, that means Sunday afternoons can be spent toiling away in front of a laptop late into the evening.

My name is Krystal and I suffer from the Sunday Blues.

Lately though, I've been trying to turn this around with a few little updates to my routine. While I can't necessarily do anything about the amount of work that still needs to get done before Monday morning, I'm changing the way I go about approaching it. Perspective is everything, after all. Starting with, of course, how I dress for the day.

Ever since I was little, I've had a special soft spot for Hanes. They're a powerhouse for unbeatable, affordable basics and I may have stolen more than my fair share of broken in Hanes undershirts from past boyfriends. (Sorry, not sorry -- the slouch is just too good!) Even today, I love how easily they slip into the every day routine, even if that routine is say, lounging around in boy short underwear and a comfy tee and reading magazines, which is to say, what my Sunday morning looks like before my coffee run. From there, depending on the errands that need to be run that day, I'll frequent between different states of reading in bed, catching up on blog and work emails before noon until finally slipping on boyfriend jeans to take Elvis for a long walk on the beach.

Slipping in just these little moments of "me" time as made all the difference in the world and I usually end up approaching that amount of work I "need" to get done later that day with a renewed sense of purpose so I can finish early (and tuck myself into a good guilty pleasure TV marathon). Oh, and if there's a date night in the works for that evening, I may slip into a little dance session around the house (kinda like the gals here). Dance like no one's watching, right?

How do you spend your Sundays?

This post was in collaboration with Hanes. As always, all opinions and styling are my own. Thank you for supporting all This Time Tomorrow collaborations!

17 comments:

  1. awesome! ;-)

    xoxo

    new post
    www.live-style20.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! Sundays are great for unwinding! Love the Hanes!

    http://www.bluelabelsboutique.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos! I've enjoyed this post and I see a lot of similarities in my Sunday routines! :)

    http://lartoffashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I have the same relationship with Sundays. Mornings are fine, but during a day when I remember that Monday is close and that I have to be at work...my mood changes :)
    Love these photos, looking amazing :) Mel
    www.livingoncloude9.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute pictures :)

    www.kristajacobs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a cozy Sunday
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute photos! You jump on a bed better than my 2 year old, who is quite good at it I might add!
    I spend my Sundays working at the clinic in the morning and doing fun things with the little one in the afternoon.
    The Doctor Diva

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never thought of Hanes tees as an option, now I might spend my Sunday investigating them...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cool and cute photos. Thank you so much for sharing them :)
    x Fiona THEDASHINGRIDER.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the jump shots. Same pinch on the DW watch :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cool post!
    ♥♥♥
    Jeanne
    http://fashionmusingsdiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. where is your bedding from? So cute!

    ReplyDelete

Real Time Web Analytics