Friday, November 20, 2015

the mean reds

Dress: Cynthia Rowley (borrowed); Shoes: Steve Madden; Clutch: Olympia Le-Tan (love this one); Sunglasses: Celine; Bracelet: Miansai

Things can get pretty monochromatic around these parts (what can I say, I love my blacks, whites and grays) and especially after moving out to the east coast, I've caught myself adopting the New York uniform. Black, black, with more black. And a dash of really, really, really dark gray.

But there's something about a red dress. You know the one. The one that can turn heads. Maybe gets you a drink right away at the bar. Heck, perhaps it brings out your inner salsa dancing, red-dress sporting emoji señorita. (True story: she's my spirit emoji.)

As for me and red dresses? I don't don them very often but I like to think that's because they should be used sparingly. Like a secret weapon. And this Cynthia Rowley number? Well let's just call her my smoking gun.

In the market for a new red dress? Here are a few of my favorites around the interwebs these days that would probably give Jessica Rabbit a run for her money...


  1. Stunning! This dress looks a lot more orang-ey than red but nevertheless so pretty

    Anna // Happy Medley

  2. Looking absolutely gorgeous in this feminine and elegant outfit!

  3. gorgeous color

  4. nice dress, love it!

  5. I love lace dresses :*

  6. This red dress is fantastic. I love the lace detail.


  7. I don't have enough red in my closet - I'm trying to change that! Love all your picks and the one you're wearing. And love that it's holiday party time and there are more occasions for dresses! Have a great weekend!!

  8. That dress is beautiful, like the color


  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

  10. Love this. The background is perfect for this look


  11. Such a lovely dress! Looks beautiful!
    Love from {a lifestyle, fashion, beauty, and food blog}


Real Time Web Analytics